As a Litigation Specialist, a successful candidate will handle litigation claims in a multi-state territory with advanced proficiency. You will direct and review litigation strategy and actions of defense counsel. Responsibilities will also include the evaluation of coverage and exposure. Travel to mediations, settlement conferences and trials may be required.
As a Litigation Specialist, you will be responsible for the investigation, evaluation, negotiation, and resolution of litigated claims pending in multiple jurisdictions throughout the United States in accordance with company standards, procedures, and state regulatory requirements. This will involve directing outside counsel and establishing litigation plans in order to reach cost effective resolutions of bodily injury and property damage claims including those involving high risk and high exposure. Protection of our Insured’s and the Company’s financial exposures are critical.
As a Team Member at Acceptance Insurance, you will be part of growing organization that continues to evolve and positively impact the lives of our customers.
Acceptance Insurance offers a full line of benefits including: Health Insurance, Dental, Vision, Paid Vacation, Disability Insurance and Employer Matching 401(k) Program.
We are principally a retailer, servicer and underwriter of non-standard personal automobile insurance based in Nashville, Tennessee. Our insurance operations actively generate revenues from selling non-standard personal automobile insurance policies and related products in 16 states. We currently conduct our servicing and underwriting operations in 13 states and are licensed as an insurer in 13 additional states.
At March 31, 2017, we leased and operated 355 retail locations and a call center staffed with employee-agents. Our employee agents primarily sell non-standard personal automobile insurance products underwritten by us, as well as certain commissionable ancillary products. In most states, our employee-agents also sell a complementary insurance product providing personal property and liability coverage for renters underwritten by us. In addition, retail locations in some markets offer non-standard personal automobile insurance serviced and underwritten by other third-party insurance carriers for which we receive a commission. In addition to our retail locations, we are able to complete the entire sales process over the phone via our call center or through the internet via our consumer-based website or mobile platform. On a limited basis, we also sell our products through selected retail locations operated by independent agents.
Visit us at www.acceptanceinsurance.com
Acceptance Auto Insurance: Employment Application
WE ARE AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER. Applicants are considered for position and are evaluated without regard to mental or physical disability, race, religion, sexual orientation, color, gender, national origin, age, marital status, military or veteran status or any other protected local, state or federal status unrelated to the performance of the work involved.
• Proactively investigate coverage, liability, compensability and damages with all parties involved in a claim.
• Review and evaluate new lawsuits to determine appropriate future strategy.
• Review and interpret legal opinions and expert reports.
• Stay abreast of legal trends and case law.
• Review and analyze litigated claims on an ongoing basis.
• Work with defense counsel to develop and control strategies, in consideration of all applicable laws, venues, while controlling costs and determining settlement value versus defense at trial.
• Understand and apply state specific law and regulations in highly litigious venues across the country.
• Review each claim for coverage issues, utilize coverage attorney opinions, and work with supervisors to resolve.
• Assist other departments with policy and coverage questions.
• Establish reserve setting in accordance with company policy.
• Complete Bodily Injury and Property Damage Evaluation Forms and make recommendations for the disposition of claims in excess of individual settlement authority.
• Refer lawsuits to properly approved defense attorneys, and direct their handling, including the authorization of discovery actions and motions practice.
• Review, audit and pay invoices of independent adjusters, defense experts, attorneys, and other vendors in timely manner controlling litigation cost.
• Document claim file notes clearly, with all communications and activities that occur during handling of the claim, using factual and objective information.
• Maintain a current 30-day diary on all open claims.
• Though primary duties are handled inside, attendance at trials, mediations and or depositions may be required.
• Direct negotiation with attorneys on settlement of cases.
• Provide input in roundtable discussions.
• Other duties as assigned by the claims supervisor.
• A Bachelor’s Degree is preferred.
• Minimum of 3 to 5 years experience handling complex casualty claims including litigation.
• Background in nonstandard automobile claims handling is a plus.
• Knowledge of State specific insurance laws and regulations.
• Knowledge of medical terminology and human anatomy.
• Knowledge of civil procedures.
• Ability to multi-task in a time sensitive environment and handle job responsibilities with a sense of urgency.
• Thorough knowledge of insurance coverages, contracts and claims handling guidelines.
• Analytical skills necessary to make decisions and resolve complex issues inherent in handling losses.
• Demonstrate strong interpersonal and communication skills, both verbal and written.
• Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from management, employees and customers.
• Strong analytical and negotiation abilities.
• Excellent organizational and time management skills required.
• Intermediate to advanced knowledge & skill in Microsoft Office products.
• Ability to work independently, think creatively and exercise strong, sound judgment.
• Ability to prioritize activities and projects while staying organized.
• Ability to process high volumes of work while meeting deadlines.
• Hard work, honesty, integrity and unwavering business ethics.
• Must have or secure and maintain appropriate state adjuster license(s) and continuing education credits.